Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy 44th Bdae Singapore!

The long weekend was spent rather meaningfully. Friday evening was out shopping with 2 of my besties. Only managed to bought a top. Oh yah! Stephy was so heng to have coke spilled on her shoes by a malay lady. Haha. Saturday was nua-ing at home and hanging around with my parents. Finally a good rest after 5 days of work.

Today I went cycling at ECP. It has been 10000 years since I last exercised and donkey years since I ride a bike. Woohoo. But the consequences of cycling are butt ache and more butt ache. After which, we had steamboat at bugis where the guys swallowed 1kg of prawns and perhaps half a cow!

Tomorrow, the last day of the long weekends. Will be meeting my 311 groupmates! Valerie will miss out all the fun because shes at USA and with a baby kicking inside her. ;p

Food for thought
Alot of friends and even teachers in school have been asking me why I choose teaching as my first career. Lots of time, I told them that it is because I dont like banking and finance stuff. After reflecting, here's my thought.

To be honest, I did think of joining another industry before entering the education sector. I asked myself upteem times what kind of career do I want. I never get to know the anwser and teaching always come back into my mind.

A job and a career are pretty different. A job provides you with a source of income but a career provides you a sense of satisfaction. Its true that I can find something related to my field of study, but will I really enjoy what I am doing? Knowing that I already kind of regretted taking banking and finance as my degree, do I still want to continue walking the wrong path?

I might not have 100% passion in teaching and I have no idea whether I will be suitable to be a teacher. However, I know that i have at least 50% interest in it. I believed with my interest, I will be able to press on and overcome whatever (or most) challenges I faced in my career.

Being a teacher now, I hope that I will be able to help my students to light up their life. They might not be academically inclined, but I do hope that I will be able to help them find a correct path in life.

Hopefully this entry will remind me of my identity and whenever I read this entry, I will remember the reason why I want to teach and this will serve as a source of motivation for me to continue my journey in this career.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home