Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Watched "one litre of tears" last episode just nice. I watched the show before and now it is replaying again in SCV. I think the show is really touching and the actors all can act well.

Well, life is fragile. You never know what will happen one year down the road, one month later, one day later or even a few minutes later. I have witnessed death of my beloved grandparents, both have lived and taken care of me since young, within 3 years.

I can still remember the hard time my parents or ah ma have when they take care of my ah gong. My mother even gave up her small business so that she can have more time at home. Shortly after my ah gong passed away, my ah ma is diagnosed with liver failure. This time round, she completely stopped working and devoted her whole attention to my ah ma. She stayed at home with her and she never complained before. From a pampered daughter of my ah ma, she now has to do all the housework plus taking care of my ah ma. Two years, thats how she has spent her life last two years.

During the last few weeks of my ah ma life, she said something that will forever remain in my mama's heart, or even my whole family. My ah ma said,
" I know I am a burden to the family. Im so sorry for that but I wont trouble you for long. Thank you for your care."
Thats what she said to my mother when she was in her semi-conscious mind.

I respected my ah ma greatly for she has worked hard to bring my mother up and even my brother and I. I respected my mother greatly for she has given up her studies when she was young so that she can go out and work and earn money to lighten my ah ma's load. She has given up her business and even her life to take care of her parents. She never failed to wake up in the morning to prepare breakfast and see us to school since we are young. She will eat the mooncakes without egg yolks cos she knows that my dad, bro n i luv the yolk.

Watched the show and you will realise how fortunate you are.

Im contented with what I have...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home